Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today I want to pay tribute to three special father's in my life.

1.  My daddy.

March 1978
June 2011


The best father a girl could ever ask, pray or hope for - and I got him!  Someone who loved, doted, disciplined, embarrassed, challenged, adored, taught, trained, rewarded, believed, generously gave and molded me into the person I am today.  My dad is one of the most giving, most loving, most respected men I know.  A godly man of integrity, of character, of wisdom with a great sense of humor and a passion for his family.  He is admired by many, loved by many... but none more so than by me! As a little girl he was my hero, as a teenager and young adult he was my biggest fan and now as a married woman with a family of my own, I am blessed to have him as a friend too.  He is known by many names, Wayne, Mr. Wilson, Ref, Boss, and one of his favorites... Papa to all his grandchildren ~ but he'll always be daddy to me. 
  
I love you daddy, love you more... yes-huh, yes-huh!


2.  My husband.

Elijah - May 2010
Hayden ~ Jan. 2008


Father's Day 2010

Father's Day weekend 2011


Long before we were even married I knew Dave would be an excellent father some day... and sure enough - He is!  The excitement and reaction I got when we found out we were pregnant is a memory I'll keep with me with and cherish almost as much as when he saw our boys faces for the first time at their birth.  Watching him with our boys, wrestling, playing, teaching, praying, reading, snuggling, feeding, cleaning, picking up after - and all with no effort is so rewarding to me.  As a mom, you want the best for your kids and I believe they have it in their dad!  Babe, I love that being a great daddy is so natural to you, and our boys are so blessed to have a father like you.  One who will train them up in the way they should go... it makes me fall even deeper in love with you when I see you loving them.

I love you babe... and I love having a family together with you.


3.  My heavenly father.

How can I think of Father's day and not give glory to the Lord for the many blessings in my life.  He is a GOOD Father, who loves to give GOOD things to His children ~ and today, among all the things I'm thankful for like salvation and His grace and mercy, I thank Him for the gift that my father and husband are to me, and to my children.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that first pic of Dad is like looking at our brother - dressed for a 70's party - ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing. Jamin looks like your dad!!!! WOW. love the post it made my heart warm. p.s I am glad you are back. i know you love vacations but I don't !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Look how cute your father was when you were born ..you too, you were just adorable,I loved seeing that. Great post, you made your Dad's day :D

    ReplyDelete