|My personal (and very handsome) GRILL MASTER|
2. Project man is back - my Dave not only created this beautiful raised garden bed this weekend, he also made a cool corner garden in our front yard (pics to be come later) AND hit a liquidation nursery sale and bought all sorts of fun plants & trees for our place. Operation Backyard is getting kicked into high gear this year!!! In other exciting news, he also bought paint to FINALLY finish painting our halls - since they've been half painted for almost a year now.
|Then he bought me beautiful Gerbera daisies for this corner too!|
3. My baby is growing up right before my eyes. I know this is a toy car, but seeing him sit in it and hold onto the steering wheel gave me a just a slight moment of panic as I realized he's going to be 16 before I know it. Dave, I think I need another baby...
|"He's an excellent driver, he goes slow in the driveway!"|
4. Dave's love for basketball has been passed down to his son - and his skill too... go Hayden go!!
5. My hat phobia is completely justified, as proven this past weekend. Okay, perhaps not a hat phobia exactly, but more the long-term commitment necessary for wearing said hats. Hats equal hat-hair (and that occurs unusually quickly on my head) so wearing a hat means I need to be okay with wearing it ALL DAY which can be daunting to me.
|BAD hair hides under this hat.|
6. I never remember that I have a hat-commitment-phobia when I'm in the store trying on cute hats. I only remember that I think they're adorable and think I should buy more of them. This is a problem.
7. Goodwill is my friend. Sunday I scored big time when I found multiple things I really liked... THAT FIT and then to make it even better... four of my seven items were 50% off marked price as their special tag of the day... seven clothing items for under $30. Bargains make me happy.
|New purse... NOT from Goodwill BUT only $7 on sale at Payless... it added to the shopping bliss!|
8. Sunday was my last time buying formula. For all you mother's who've counted down the days until you didn't have this expense any more - you can all rejoice with me.
9. I learned that "doggies" is another word for cows. It still makes NO SENSE whatsoever to me, but apparently watching a Western or two would have clued me into that fact.
|Us "herding our doggies" AKA balloons at the Couples Roundup!|
10. It is possible to have a totally spontaneous ice cream outing with six other couples. We took Yo-Top-It by storm this weekend and it was delicious.
What an incredible weekend - so much fun packed into three short days, and I'm just not ready for it to be over. I would like to vote that every day becomes a weekend!!! Anyone care to second that motion?